Why and How you should Give CBD to your Pet
We now know CBD interacts with the endocannabinoid system (ECS) to maintain health and homeostasis. The ECS is found in all mammals, including your furry friends! The ECS is responsible for several biological processes, including memory, sleep, immune response, and more. The effects of CBD are similar in humans, dogs, cats and other pets. They, too, have an endocannabinoid system that functions very similar to the human ECS. This article explains why and how you should give CBD to your pet.*
Reasons Why you should Give CBD to your Pet
- CBD is thought to be a natural anticonvulsant. It is widely known for its ability to aid in the control of seizures and spasms.*
- Pets can also suffer from anxiety and stress, just as humans do. Pets suffering from separation, travel, or noise anxiety can trigger distress in their body. CBD can reduce these feelings of anxiety, reducing these symptoms.*
- CBD can interact with receptors to reduce inflammation in the body. Conditions like arthritis, GI Tract issues, and MS are manifest through inflammation.*
- According to some studies, cancer and suspicious tumors can appear in over 50% of pets over the age of 10. New research shows CBD could have anticancer effects as well.*
- By activating and stimulating the endocannabinoid system, CBD promotes homeostasis. Many pet owners choose to not only use CBD for medicinal purposes, but also as a routine supplement to promote overall health and wellness of their pet!*
How you should Give CBD to your Pet
Choosing the correct CBD dosage can be confusing. First, each tincture’s dosing guidelines can vary because concentrations and purpose will vary. Your pet’s weight and underlying health issues should also be considered.* With no standard guidelines, how much CBD do you give to your pet?
Three Major Factors Influence CBD Dosage for Pets
- The ailment you’re treating
- The potency of CBD in the oil
- Your dog’s size and weight
More to Consider when Giving CBD to your Pet
- Consult your veterinarian before you give your pet any treatments.
- Consider your pet’s overall health and any conditions that may affect their ability to metabolize CBD, i.e., liver or kidney problems.
- Factor in your pet’s activity level—this can help determine how your pet will metabolize CBD
- Use a high-quality CBD that is free of toxins. There are many products on the market that can have poor ingredients.
- ALWAYS consult with your veterinarian before giving your pet CBD.
ALWAYS check the ingredients to be sure there are no toxins or additives that could harm your fur-baby. Colorado’s Finest is made of only the finest ingredients—for you AND your pet! Raise your paw for good health!
*The statements made regarding these products have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. The efficacy of these products has not been confirmed by FDS-approved research. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. All information presented here is not meant as a substitute for or alternative to information from health care practitioners. Please consult your health care professional about potential interactions or other possible complications before using any product. The Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act require this notice.